Reinventing Money Bibliography
Bilgram, Hugo, and L. E. Levy, The Cause of Business Depressions. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company, 1914. Also, reprinted by Libertarian Book House, Bombay, India, 1950.
Borsodi, Ralph, Inflation and the Coming Keynesian Catastrophe: The Story of the Exeter Experiment With Constants. Published jointly by The E. F. Schumacher Society, 140 Jug End Road, Great Barrington, MA 01230 and the School of Living, 432 Leaman Road, Cochranville, PA 19330, 1989.
- This Ugly Civilization. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1929. (Also Harper, 1933)
Bourdet, Claude, A French View of The Wörgl Experiment: A New Economic Mecca. Geneva, Switzerland: Annals of Collective Economy, 1934.
Boyle, David, Funny Money: In Search of Alternative Cash, London: Harper Collins Publishers, 1999.
Budd, Christopher J., Of Wheat and Gold: Thoughts on the Nature and Future of Money. London: New Economy Publications, 1988.
Cahn, Edgar, and Jonathan Rowe, Time Dollars. Emmaus, PA: Rodale Press, 1992.
- “Time Dollars.” Co−op America Quarterly, Spring 1993.
Cole, G. D. H., and W. Mellor, The Meaning of Industrial Freedom. London: George Allen and Unwin, Ltd., 1918.
Daly, Herman E., and John B. Cobb, Jr., For the Common Good: Redirecting the Economy Toward Community the Environment, and a Sustainable Future, Second Edition. Boston: Beacon Press, 1994.
Del Mar, Alexander, History of Monetary Systems. London: Effingham Wilson, Royal Exchange, 1895.
- The History of Money in America: From the Earliest Times to the Establishment of the Constitution. Hawthorne, CA: Omni Publications, 1966. Originally published 1899.
- History of the Netherlands Monetary System.
Douthwaite, Richard, and Dan Wagman, Barataria: A Community Exchange Network for the Third System. Strohalm, Oudegracht 42, 3511 AR Utrecht, Holland, 1999.
Douthwaite, Richard, Short Circuit. The Lilliput Press Ltd, 4 Rosemount Terrace, Arbour Hill, Dublin, Ireland, 1996.
- The Growth Illusion. How Economic Growth Has Enriched the Few, Impoverished the Many, and Endangered the Planet. Dublin, Ireland: Lilliput Press, 1992
Dowd, Kevin, Private Money. London: The Institute of Economic Affairs, 1988.
Dowd, Kevin, and Richard H. Timberlake, Jr., Money and the Nation State. New Brunswick, NJ and London, UK: Transaction Publishers, 1998.
Douglas, C. H., The Monopoly of Credit (Third, Revised Ed.). Belfast, Sydney: K.R.P. Publications, Ltd., 1951.
Drucker, Peter F., Post−Capitalist Society. New York: Harper Collins, 1993.
Fisher, Irving, Stamp Scrip. New York: Adelphi Company, 1933.
- Mastering The Crisis. London: George Allen & Unwin, Ltd., 1934.
Friedman, Thomas, The Lexus and the Olive Tree: Understanding Globalization. New York: Anchor Books (Random House), 2000.
Galbraith, John Kenneth, Economics in Perspective. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1987.
- Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1975.
- The Great Crash 1929. New York: Time Inc., 1962. (orig. 1954, Houghton Mifflin).
Gates, Jeff, Democracy At Risk. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Publishing, 2000.
George, Henry, Progress and Poverty. New York: Robert Schalkenbach Foundation, 1975 (orig. 1879).
Gesell, Silvio, The Natural Economic Order. San Antonio, TX: The Free Economy Publishing Co., 1934. (Translated from the sixth German edition). Originally published in 1913.
Greco, Thomas H., Jr., The End of Money and the Future of Civilization. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green Publishing Co., 2009.
- Money: Understanding and Creating Alternatives to Legal Tender. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green Publishing Co., 2001.
- New Money for Healthy Communities. Thomas H. Greco, Publisher, P.O. Box 42663, Tucson, AZ 85733, 1994.
- Money and Debt: A Solution to the Global Crisis. Second edition, Thomas H. Greco, Publisher, P.O. Box 42663, Tucson, AZ 85733, 1990.
Greider, William, One World, Ready or Not. New York: Touchstone Books, 1998.
- Secrets of the Temple: How the Federal Reserve Runs the Country. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1997.
Harwood, E. C., “The Lost Art of Commercial Banking,” in How Safe Is Your Bank. Great Barrington, MA: American Institute for Economic Research, 1989.
Hayek, Friedrich von, Choice in Currency: A Way to Stop Inflation. London: Institute of Economic Affairs, 1976.
- Denationalization of Money: The Argument Refined. London: The Institute of Economic Affairs, 1990.
Hock, Dee, Birth of the Chaordic Age. San Francisco: Berrett−Koehler Publishers, 1999.
Huber, Joseph, and Robertson, James, Creating New Money: A Monetary Reform for the Information Age. London: New Economics Foundation, 2001.
Jacobs, Jane, Cities and the Wealth of Nations: Principles of Economic Life. New York: Vintage Books, 1985.
- The Nature of Economies.
Kennedy, Margrit, Interest and Inflation Free Money. Permakultur Institut e.V., Ginsterweg 5, D−3074 Steyerberg, West Germany, 1988.
Kohr, Leopold, The Breakdown of Nations. New York: E. P. Dutton, 1957, 1978.
Korten, David C., When Corporations Rule the World. San Francisco: Berrett−Koehler, 1995.
- The Post−Corporate World. San Francisco: Berrett−Koehler, 1999.
Lietaer, Bernard A., The Future of Money: Beyond Greed and Scarcity. London: Century, 2000.
Linton, Michael, and Thomas Greco, “The Local Employment and Trading System.” Whole Earth Review, No. 55, Summer 1987.
Meulen, Henry, Free Banking. London: Macmillan, 1934.
Milhaud, Edgard (ed), Ending the Unemployment and Trade Crisis. London: Williams & Norgate Ltd., 1935.
- Organized Compensatory Trading. London, 1937.
Mitchell, Ralph A. and Neil Shafer, Standard Catalog of Depression Scrip of the United States: The 1930s Including Canada and Mexico. First edition, Iola, Wisconsin: Kraus Publications, 1984.
Modern Money Mechanics. Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, 1992.
Muralt, Alex von, The Wörgl Experiment With Depreciating Money. Geneva, Switzerland: Annals of Collective Economy, 1934.
Riegel, E. C., Private Enterprise Money. New York: Harbinger House, 1944.
- The New Approach to Freedom. San Pedro, CA: The Heather Foundation, Box 180, Tonopah, NV 89049, 1976.
- Flight From Inflation: The Monetary Alternative. The Heather Foundation, Box 180, Tonopah, NV 89049, 1978.
Ritz, Dean (ed.), Defying Corporations, Defining Democracy: A Book of History and Strategy. New York: Apex Press, 2001. (A book from the Program on Corporations, Law and Democracy (POCLAD)).
Rothbard, Murray, The Federal Reserve as a Cartelization Device: The Early Years, 1913−1930. In Barry Siegel (ed.), Money in Crisis. San Francisco, CA: Pacific Institute for Public Policy Research, and Cambridge, MA: Ballinger Publishing Company, 1984, pp. 89−136.
Rowbotham, Michael, The Grip of Death: A Study of Modern Money, Debt Slavery and Destructive Economics. Oxfordshire, UK: Jon Carpenter Publishing, 1998.
- Goodbye America: Globalisation, Debt and the Dollar Empire. Oxfordshire, UK: Jon Carpenter Publishing 2000.
Rueff, Jacques, The Age of Inflation. Tr. A. H. Meeus and F. G. Clarke, Chicago: Henry Regnery Co., 1964.
- The Monetary Sin of the West. New York: Macmillan, 1972.
Schwarz, Fritz. Das Geldwunder von Wörgl (The Experiment in Wörgl). Verlags−Genossenschaft Freies Volk. Bern, Switzerland. 1951. (in German. No known English translation.)
Smith, Adam, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations. New York: Modern Library, 1937.
Soros, George, “The Crisis of Capitalism,” Atlantic Monthly, February 1997.
Soddy, Frederick, Wealth, Virtual Wealth, and Debt: The Solution of the Economic Paradox. Hawthorne, California: Omni Publications, 1961 (reprint of the second edition, 1933).
- , The Role of Money. New York: Harcourt, 1935.
Solomon, Lewis, Rethinking Our Centralized Monetary System: the Case for Local Currency. Praeger, 1996.
The Commercial Barter Industry. IRTA Fact Sheet, International Reciprocal Trade Association, 175 West Jackson Blvd., Suite 625, Chicago, IL 60604.
The Federal Reserve System: Purposes and Functions. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Washington, DC 1961.
The International Reciprocal Trade Association. IRTA Fact Sheet, International Reciprocal Trade Association, 175 West Jackson Blvd., Suite 625, Chicago, IL 60604.
Timberlake, Richard H., and Kevin Dowd (eds.), Money and the Nation State. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Publishers, 1998.
Thoren, Margaret, Figuring Out The FED. Truth in Money, Inc., P.O. Box 30, Chagrin Falls, OH 44022, 1985, 1993.
Thoren, Theodore, and Richard Warner, The Truth In Money Book. Revised second edition, Truth in Money, Inc., P.O. Box 30, Chagrin Falls, OH 44022, 1984.
Timberlake, Richard H., Monetary Policy in the United States. University of Chicago Press, 1993.
- Gold, Greenbacks, and the Constitution. The George Edward Durell Foundation, P.O. Box 847, Berryville, VA 22611, 1991.
Two Faces of Debt. Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, 1992.
Understanding the M’s in Monetary Policy. Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 1994.
Unterguggenberger, Michael, The End Results of the Wörgl Experiment. Geneva, Switzerland: Annals of Collective Economy, 1934.
Vieira, Edwin, Jr., What Is A “Dollar”?: An Historical Analysis of the Fundamental Question in Monetary Policy. Monograph No. 6. National Alliance for Constitutional Money, Inc., P.O. Box 3634, Manassas, VA 22110.1996.
Weatherford, Jack, The History of Money. New York: Three Rivers Press, 1997.
- Indian Givers. New York: Fawcett Columbine, 1988.
White, Lawrence H., Free Banking in Britain: Theory, Experience and Debate 1800−1845. London: The Institute of Economic Affairs, 1995.
Yunus, Muhammad, Banker to the Poor: Micro−Lending and the Battle Against World Poverty. New York: Public Affairs, 1999.
Yeager, Leland B. 1998. “From Gold to the Ecu: The International Monetary System in Retrospect.” In Money and the Nation State, edited by Kevin Dowd & Richard H. Timberlake, Jr., Oakland, California: The Independent Institute, pp. 77−104.
Zander, Dr. Walter, “A Way Out Of The Monetary Chaos”. Geneva, Switzerland: The Annals of Collective Economy, 1936.
- Railway Money and Unemployment. Berrima, NSW, Australia: Libertarian Microfiche Publishing Company, in Peace Plans #9. Paper first published in 1933.